Design and development services
Network interfaces to suit the client's requirements are configured from our extensive repertoire of logic and software components.
Usually, we work with the client to create a circuit board that includes the appropriate platform (FPGA, memory, and physical interfaces) and we then port the relevant components to that platform.
Logic components include:
- MAC layer supporting both Flexilink and legacy Ethernet
- network packet forwarding
- routing of live streams between audio and video interfaces and the network
- routing of packet data between the network and internal software
- soft processor optimised for protocol message processing
- debug facilities accessed via UDP over Ethernet
Software components are written in a purpose-designed high level language and compiled into code for the soft processor; they include:
- SNMP agent
- IEC 62379-5-2 signalling
- IP-related protocol stacks
- updating software in flash memory as specified in IEC62379
- fault logging and diagnosis
We have been designing and implementing embedded software and electronic products since 1978, including:
- Sinclair ZX range operating software
- Multilink and Superlink data network interfaces, both as boxed products and as cards for incorporation into clients' products
- FileStore for Multilink networks, also marketed as the AmStore for Amstrad computers: probably the first ever network-attached storage, and with better security and resilience than more commonly-used filing systems
- CellStack codecs for video over ATM
- Destiny video-over-ATM codes for a major UK CCTV manufacturer
and, of course, the products you will find elsewhere on this website.
Copyright ©2001-2006,2016 Nine Tiles